Health Care Cost Resource Page
News, Information And Best Practices For Employers Concerned About Health And Health Insurance
After decades of talk about the rising cost of health care, Massachusetts employers finally have the opportunity to do something about it. Breathtaking changes in the health-care market are allowing employers to re-think the way they purchase and manage health insurance.
AIM is working on four fronts to solve the health cost crisis:
- Supporting implementation of the new Massachusetts health-cost control law, including limits on the growth of medical spending;
- Working with policymakers to reconcile federal health reform with the 2006 Massachusetts Health Care Reform Law;
- Offering a multi-year educational initiative to help employers control the cost and quality of the health insurance they provide to employees;
- Providing innovative health insurance products for employers of all sizes.
- Legislation & Policy
- Employer Education
Health Care Cost Control (State) - AIM supports a new law limiting the increase in health insurance premiums by changing the manner in which physicians and hospitals are paid, and allowing employers to become knowledgeable consumers of health care.
- Health Law Takes First Step Toward Solving Crisis - A compromise health care cost containment bill signed by Governor Deval Patrick takes a measured first step toward slowing the runaway health insurance premiums that have impeded job creation and economic growth for a decade.
- CEO Takes Bold Steps to Control Health Costs - Marshfield-based Industrial Communications spent years coping with the rising cost of providing health insurance to its 85 employees the way most other companies do - constantly changing insurance companies, introducing a deductible and increasing copayments and employee contributions. By 2010, company President Michael Umano had seen enough.
Focus on Health Care Jobs is Misguided - AIM’s effort to address the health-cost crisis facing employers has been opposed by hospitals, doctors and others who maintain that health care has become a linchpin of the Massachusetts economy. But voices inside the health community now agree with AIM that the focus on health-care jobs is misguided.
Federal Health Care Reform (Accountable Care Act) - Federal legislation designed to expand health insurance benefits and require most individuals to carry health insurance.
Employers Face Uncertainty As Federal Health Reform Meets State Version - What happens when federal health care reform meets state reform? Massachusetts employers are about to find out.
Every employer wants to contain health care costs, but how do you do it?
AIM has launched a multi-year educational initiative to help employers control the cost and quality of the health insurance they provide to their employees.
The Health Cost Solution will offer briefings, seminars, training, Webinars, videos, online information and other resources to employers seeking to slow the soaring cost of health care that has for years depressed business growth across the commonwealth.
My Health Care Options - Compare the cost and quality of hospitals and phyisican groups in Massachusetts.
Start! - American Heart Association campaign to help employers and employees create a culture of physical activity.
AIM Webinar - Solving the Health Cost Crisis: Who's On First?
Curing the Crisis: A Seven-Session Series on Managing Health Benefits